Saturday 5 November 2011

Pre learning research and thoughts on 3M

3M produces a wide range of products. Being driven by a unique culture that celebrates creativity, 3M is a global innovation company. 3M has thousands of products with 1 goal in mind, to make progress possible.
3M produces a wide range of products that I have used in my daily life. Post it, for example, is a very efficient tool to communicate ideas and keep notes for yourself and others.

Before researching on 3M, is impression on me is that it only produces and manufactures many items. However, after researching on 3M, my impression of it now is a company that innovates round the clock, breaking down barriers and creating the impossible, or creating something that no one has though of it before, redefining usefulness and creativity

What amazed me about 3M is not so much of the products, nor the scientific principles applied, but the culture of innovation.

The 7 pillars of innovation of 3M:

3M spends  1.24 billion dollars on R&D in 2005, showing how much they emphasized on innovation.
·    

Of course, for innovation to happen, it muct have a broad base of technology and knowledge to support it. Since 3M produces so many products, the technology and scientific concepts applied, such as putting friction to good use etc. is unimaginable.

from the above link, on how 3M uses such creative and scientific way to present its products also amazed me, I have never seen another company use such manner to present their products, and from this, we could see the culture of 3M.

 Lastly, I hope to learn a lot from this learning journey, I hope to learn about the cultures of the various companies and also to earn how they operate and execute the various processes that keeps the company afloat. Also , I hope to see how the knowledge could be applied and manipulated to make life better.

No comments:

Post a Comment