Tuesday 15 November 2011

Reflections on 3M learning journey

After my visit to 3M today, I get to understand the role the base in 3M plays in the whole worldwide system and how it fits in and contributes to 3M as a whole.

I am also amazed at how much technology actually goes into making products such as the flex circuit (and I finally realized that the “thing” on the printer cartridges are actually these flex circuits and is manufactured by 3M) and Im sure that other products uses as much technology too.

Also, I have witnessed the innovative culture of 3M, using their prime location for a meeting room to solve problems and also having the operators itself to spot problems and come out with ingenious solutions to solve these problems with creative yet effective solutions (eg. The slanted top of the lockers) that never fail to amaze me.

Also, I really like the many benefits 3M gives out to deserving employees which in turn, help promote the innovative culture of 3M.


 All in all, I have enjoyed this part of the learning journey tremendously but hope that the lab and plant tours could be longer next time as they were much more fun and also, informative than talks.

No comments:

Post a Comment